Our commitment to privacy
As privacy laws and practices evolve, we will amend this Policy from time to time. While we will endeavour to give reasonable notice of such changes, we reserve the right, where necessary, to do so without prior notice.
What is considered private?
Information that is used by a government authority, financial institution, or insurance carrier to distinguish a person from other individuals (e.g., social security number, social insurance number, credit card information, or insurance policy number) is private. Such information can be used to identify an individual (e.g., a person who works at a healthcare facility or a resident or patient in a healthcare facility). Certain information may be used to contact a person directly (e.g., an email address, home mailing address or telephone number). Depending on the jurisdiction, the above identifiers are Personal Information (“PI”), Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), Sensitive Personal Information (“SPI”) or a similar term, and it is private. An individual’s business contact information and title are generally exempt from privacy laws.
For the remainder of this Policy, we will refer to all PI, PII, and SPI as “Personal Information” unless we note otherwise.
This Policy also will apply to non-personal information if such information can be used in combination with other Personal Information or non-personal information to identify an individual.
Please be aware that this Policy only covers information manually submitted to or automatically collected by us through the Site and/or the Services. If you contact or exchange information with another Jubo Health customer or business partner in person or through a means other than the Site or Services, such activity is not covered by this Policy. Additionally, if you are not a customer or a business partner of Jubo Health by way of a written agreement and are contacting us out of interest in the Services, a business partnership, or a job opportunity, please be aware that the information that you share with us is not covered by this Policy unless required by law.
How personal information is collected
There are two ways Personal Information can be submitted to us. The first is through direct submission or what we call ‘Manual Submission’, and the second is by way of ‘Automatic Submission’ triggered by any interaction with the Site through a computer, mobile device, or tablet.
Personal Information can be submitted to us directly when you communicate with us offline (in person or by telephone), via email or via the Site (by entering data or uploading files) or when you authorize Jubo Health to access, retrieve and/or import Personal Information from another user or third party on your behalf. Additionally, if you become a customer of Jubo Health, you will be required to register by submitting Personal Information via the Services, email or offline. This could include name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s) and other contact and billing information.
Whenever your computer, mobile device, or tablet visits, logs in or otherwise interacts with the Site, we gather data from your device, and the operating software of your device transmits a ‘request’ to us. That request includes non-personal information necessary to identify and route the information your device is requesting. This communication is necessary for all websites and Internet services.
- Date and time a ‘request’ is transmitted through the Site
- The model of the device making the request
- The type and version of the operating software running on the device
- The web browser used on the device and making the request IP address
- Geographic location
- Time zone
- Search terms used
- URLs visited
- Information about some of the cookies that are installed on your computer, mobile device, or tablet Internet service provider
- Previous activity on the Site
Additionally, we use Google Analytics to track and analyze page usage behaviour to improve performance in using the Services and the Site. We use this to track only what page you are clicking on and do not use it to track any Personal Information.
Jubo Health Technologies VitalLink and FamilyLine applications are cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms designed to help senior care providers manage the clinical aspects of residents and patients in their care. We primarily collect Personal Information as necessary to communicate with you and/or to provide the Services. Some Personal Information (but not PHI) also may be collected for marketing and sales purposes (e.g., if you complete a form to register for a webinar or download content or if you visit a part of our Site where we deploy cookies from LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. [in which case, their privacy policies will apply]).
Personal Information and non-personal information may be collected from our Site to be used for the following reasons:
- to contact customers to discuss their experience with the Services, current and future needs as a customer, or to communicate future
- promotions or special events which might benefit them
- to contact a prospective customer
- to operate, maintain, manage, and administer the Services, including diagnosing technical problems
- to respond to questions and communications
- to make service or administrative announcements to customers about unscheduled downtime or new features, services, products, functionality, terms, or other aspects of the Services
- to perform audits, research, measurements, and analyses to maintain, administer, support, enhance and protect the Services, including determining usage trends and patterns and measuring the effectiveness of content, advertising, features, or services
- to create new features, products, or services
- to provide benchmarking and performance-tracking solutions*
* We may track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage, and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties. We are committed to ensuring privacy and protecting Personal Information. We also are committed to providing valuable insights and analytics to enable better performance and quality.
Personal Information and non-personal information may be used for the following reasons:
- saving user preferences
- preserving session settings and activities
- provide limited auto-fill functionality for those who use the Services frequently
- analyzing various features and content of the Services
Support, education services and purchase orders
Personal Information collected through the Site may be accessed and used by Jubo Health to respond to customer requests for support, to provide education or consulting services and/or to confirm customer compliance with the terms of its purchase (as outlined in signed orders). This may include testing and applying new product or system versions, patches, updates, and upgrades; monitoring and testing system usage and performance; and resolving bugs and other issues which a customer may report to Jubo Health. Personal Information collected for these purposes is only used for time periods relevant to fulfilling such purposes.
Service and surveys
Many Jubo Health customers share their experiences of the Services, either at Jubo-hosted events or online via social media or other public forums. We may sometimes solicit testimonies of the Services or your relationship with Jubo Health, either as a customer or business partner. We will never use any such testimony, or video or audio footage, in conjunction with information that identifies you (or the organization you represent) without your express consent.
Social media is public and allow customers to communicate between each other and, possibly, with the public. Any information posted on social media is public, and we recommend against any disclosure of Personal Information or other sensitive information that could be traced, directly or indirectly, to an individual.
From time to time, we may ask customers to complete surveys or ratings about the provision of the Services or of their own healthcare practices and operations. You should assume that the content of any Personal Information you provide will not be maintained in confidence. We will, however, tell you why we are collecting your responses and how they will be used. In completing such surveys, be mindful of what Personal Information is disclosed. We recommend against sharing any PI, PHI or other sensitive information that could be traced, directly or indirectly, to any individual.
Consent and authorization
By visiting the Site, you are consenting to the use of your Personal Information for the aforementioned purposes. Occasionally, we may request additional consent in connection with the use or sharing of Personal Information for a purpose not stated in this Policy or because the law requires such consent. If you are a customer or business partner of Jubo Health, we will never use your Personal Information in a manner not otherwise provided for in our written contracts with you, authorization forms you provide to us, or this Policy.
Sharing your Personal Information
Third-party websites, software and services
Our Site contains links to third-party websites, software, and services. Customers and visitors who access a linked website via the Site may be disclosing Personal Information. It is the user's responsibility to keep Personal Information private and confidential. We are not responsible for, nor can we control, the privacy practices of third parties. A third party’s use, storage and sharing of your Personal Information is subject to its own privacy policies and not this Policy.
We may need to preserve, use, or disclose your Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, judicial proceeding, or other legal processes if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so or to otherwise protect our rights. Some legal procedures may prohibit us from notifying users, other individuals or entities identified in such procedures or may compel us to take measures otherwise in violation of this Policy or a written agreement you have with us.
Personal Information preserved because of legal procedures can be maintained indefinitely and for as long as we have a good faith belief that it is necessary and appropriate under the circumstances. These procedures may also involve your information, for example, if your contractual relationship with us has been terminated or disabled.
Opt out policy
We offer visitors to the Site and our customers using the Services a means to choose how we may use the information they provide to us. If, at any time, you change your mind about:
- Our use of Personal Information submitted to the Site;
- Our use of Personal Information submitted via the Services;
- Receiving notices from us (including automatic notifications about updates to the Services and the frequency with which we send you such messages), or
- Receiving marketing or sales notices from us, including special offers, product enhancement details, event information, etc.;
- Sharing your non-personal information with third parties (as described in this Policy), send us a request specifying your choice or change of permission by contacting us.
Please note that if you choose to impose certain restrictions on our use of your Personal Information – e.g., if we may no longer access your database to perform any necessary quality testing or disaster recovery testing – you may no longer be able to use the Services. Similarly, if you choose to unsubscribe from receiving notifications or messages from us, your customer experience in using the Services may be compromised. If complying with your request would result in the termination of the Services, we will make that clear to you and confirm that this is what you want before proceeding.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives consumers more control over the personal information that businesses collect about them. The CCPA regulations provide guidance on how to implement the law. This landmark law secures new privacy rights for California consumers, including:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared;
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions);
- The right to opt out of the sale of their personal information; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights.
Businesses are required to give consumers certain notices explaining their privacy practices. For more information on CCPA, visit the State of California Department of Justice.
If you believe your Personal Information has been used in a way that is inconsistent with this Policy or your specified preferences, or if you have further questions related to our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post mail:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Jubo Health Technologies Inc.
4030 8 St SE, Calgary, AB, T2G 3A7